- Location: Cardiff - South Wales
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Job Ref: Matthew Cooke
- Salary: £8.00 - £9.00 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions are currently looking to recruit a Support Worker, who also holds a Security Industry Authority (SIA) license to work at a probation hostel in Cardiff.
This hostel provides a temporary accommodation for people who are in the criminal justice system. They take referrals from across Wales and strict confidentiality must be maintained. The aim of the service is to help support individuals, to reintegrate back into the community before moving on to independent living within their own tenancies.
The ideal candidate must:
• Be non-judgemental and able to support people who have serious criminal convictions.
• Have experience of working with substance misuse or mental health.
• Have excellent written and report writing skills.
• Have experience of working in a team, but is confident in lone working.
• Have an SIA licence, as this is essential for this post.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 26th September 2018