- Location: Monmouthshire
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Children Services
- Category: Children Residential Support Worker
- Apply Now
Are you an experienced Support Worker looking for a new challenge? We have full time temporary roles available in children’s residential homes in Aberdare.
What does the Support Worker role involve?
- Providing the highest quality care to children we support
- Promoting individuals’ independence by supporting with a range of educational, social and work-based activities
- Supporting children to attend school and engage in fun and stimulating lessons.
- Working with families and partner organisations to ensure support is personalised to meet individual needs
- Using a range of communication methods to assist individuals to make informed day-to-day choices
- Maintaining accurate record keeping of all activities, progress, and incidents should they arise
- Undertaking general housekeeping duties, plus elements of personal care
- Taking ownership to safeguard and protect vulnerable individuals, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of everyone we support
What do you need to be a Support Worker?
- A minimum of 3 months paid experience in a similar role
- A can-do attitude, caring and reliable nature
- Compassion and empathy
- Enthusiasm to promote independence & choice
- A strong work ethic
- Excellent communication
- The ability to work flexibly
- 23 years of age or older. We believe it is appropriate that there is a gap in age between the children we support and the staff looking after them; that allows us to ensure the best care in the safest environment.
Please contact Rich on 02920390150 Option 1 for further information or submit your CV by emailing us on [email protected]
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 8th October 2021