New Directions Social Care are working in partnership with a leading provider of care to the elderly. Our client specialises in residential, nursing and home care all over the South West and are one of the largest not for profit organisations in the South West.
Our client is happy to accept applicants with no experience in the sector instead they are looking for people with a positive attitude, motivated to deliver excellent care and have compassion and empathy.
They are offering free training, extensive induction and the opportunity to gain accredited qualifications.
Our client is a little different from other homecare providers and can offer the below:
- Flexible hours available to include alternate weekends, we will work with you to create set shift patterns (Guaranteed hours are available)
- Guaranteed hours.
- Competitive rates of pay including paid mileage.
- £100 welcome voucher paid after completion of probationary period.
- Fully paid induction and free criminal records check.
- Opportunity to gain nationally recognized qualifications whilst working funded by our client.
- Structured career path and progression opportunities.
- An employer contribution pension scheme.
- Shopping discount scheme where you can easily save money at almost any chain store or supermarket on the high street with instant vouchers and reloadable cards.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- 28 days annual leave.
- Statutory Sick Pay.
- Long Service Awards.
Ideally you would be a car driver, however there is an opportunity for us to offer a walking route if we have availability. You would not be expected to travel more than a 5-7-mile radius and you are paid for travel time, this is a permanent role and gives great scope for progression and development.
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 29th March 2018