- Location: Bristol - South West
- Job Type: Full Time
- Sector: Support Work
- Job Ref: KK
- Salary: Up to 30K per annum
- Apply Now
New Directions are currently recruiting a manager to lead a supported living service in Bristol, that caters for young people who are from a LAC background.
The role will be based between Filton, Kingswood and St Pauls with some home working as an option.
This is a permanent role, our client supports young people aged 16+ with the transition from a care setting into independent living.
- Attend placement planning meetings with young person and professionals.
- Ensure young person is inducted on admission, explaining house rules and welcome pack etc.
- Promote independence by regularly reviewing support levels, in line with young persons changing needs and abilities, liaise with senior managers to make recommendations on how this should be managed.
- Work to ensure that the young persons development areas are identified and acted upon to support them to become independent.
- Ensure that you acknowledge and respect the privacy, dignity and diversity of the young person to enable them to meet their goals and aspirations to build and maintain their self-worth and individuality.
- Apply the correct protocol, immediately, upon any suspicion, evidence or allegation of any concern in relation to child protection, in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Respect and enforce professional boundaries and communicate professionally with young person, colleagues, professionals and agencies.
- Ensure general up keep of the house is to a high standard by ensuring maintenance issues are followed up in a timely manner.
Management experience with young people is essential and a management qualification is desirable, but not essential.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 314 3512,or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 5th March 2018