- Location: Swansea - South Wales
- Job Type: Full Time, Temporary
- Sector: Homelessness, Substance Misuse, Support Work, Tenancy Support
- Job Ref: AM
- Salary: 9.50 per hour
- Apply Now
We are currently recruiting for a medium sized hostel project in the Swansea area. Based in a central city location, the service is easily accessible via public transport. Candidates will provide a range of support needs, and be fully supported by a well-established core team within the project
Ideal Candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Work shift patterns including weekends and holidays
- Knowledge of Tenancy Support/ Benefits
- Have, or complete a DBS on the update service
- Provide exceptional service to all client groups
- Confident to deal with challenging behaviour
The role of a Tenancy Support Worker
The role involves working with people who are living in the community and are at risk of homelessness. It involves supporting people to tackle the issues that may lead to homelessness and to increase their independence.
This is a specialised role focussing on matters related to legislation. Tenancy Support Workers may advise people who need care and support on matters such as housing benefit, disability living allowances, employment benefit, sick pay, rent support and bereavement benefits.
Ideal candidates will have some knowledge of the benefit system and housing law. The group of clients we work with vary, it includes but not limited to those with Mental health diagnosis, alcohol and substance dependency, child protection issues, learning difficulties, young people and those over 55.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 01792 620190, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 28th November 2019