- Location: Bristol
- Job Type: Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Adult Services
- Category: Adult Support Workers
- Job Ref: OS
- Salary: £9.00 - £9.50 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions are recruiting for flexible waking night support workers throughout Bristol and the surrounding areas. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a variety of care settings, whether it’s a homeless hostel, a children’s home, a mental health service or a residential care home. We have part time and full time temporary hours available.
Salary: £9.00 – 9.50 Per hour
- Experience of working in a care setting
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ensure the highest standards of care in relation to the service user’s physical, behavioural and emotional needs
- Ensure that the home and it’s service users are kept safe at night
- Supporting service users to promote their independence, wellbeing and achieving their personal goals.
- Provide personal care if required
- Training and personal development opportunities
- Access to Childcare vouchers, fully funded DBS, workplace pension.
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 22nd May 2020