- Location: Somerset
- Job Type: Full Time, Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Children Services
- Category: Support Worker
- Job Ref: OS
- Salary: £9.50 - £10.00 per hour
- Apply Now
New Directions are recruiting for agency staff to work on a temporary, fulltime basis with one of our clients, a National Organisation in the Weston-Super-Mare area to support a young person that is being taken in on an emergency placement.
Duties involved are making sure the YP settles into their placement successfully which will result in ongoing support provided. You will be on hand to safeguard the YP and provide support out in the community by following a care plan that will involve many leisure activities and promoting general independent living.
Hours for this role are long day sleeps and involve working on a 2:1 basis with the YP. In order to apply for this role, previous experience of working with children between the age of 16-18 is essential along with a QCF Level 3 CYP. You must also hold a UK driving licence.
What are the benefits of working for New Directions?
- Competitive pay rates
- Holiday Pay
- Weekly Pay
- Free Training Opportunities
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 3143512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 23rd July 2020