- Location: Bristol
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Children Services
- Category: Support Worker
- Job Ref: OS
- Salary: From £8.72 per hour
- Apply Now
We are currently recruiting for temporary support workers to work with young people on a 2:1 basis in the Fishponds area of Bristol. This is a temporary yet ongoing assignment where you would be required to work day shifts, waking nights and sleep ins and provide the YP with the support needed to live independently and integrate within the community. The YP you will be supporting has recently come out of residential care and is settling into a supported living service. The YP is vulnerable and currently going through transition into their new home or out of an old one. You will be on hand to support them with this transition.
Candidates applying should have experience in the following;
- Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties
- Complex Needs
- Mental health issues
- Challenging Behaviours
Duties will include;
- Supporting the development of the YP
- Ensuring the safety of the service user, reporting any safeguarding issues.
- To promote the independence of the YP
- To provide assessment and care to a high standard – meeting physical, behavioural and emotional needs.
- To fully participate and support the YP during outdoor education activities.
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 30th October 2020