- Location: Bristol
- Job Type: Part Time, Temporary
- Sector: Children Services
- Category: Children Services
- Job Ref: OS
- Salary: £9.00 - £9.50 per hour
- Apply Now
We are working along an organisation on an agency basis to provide specialist ‘young single homeless’ and ‘young people leaving care’ projects in the Bristol area.
The leaving care projects provide 24 hour supported living with staff who respond to the needs of young people leaving care, providing them with continuity of support as they move from supported accommodation to independent living.
You will be required to use successful engagement methods and interventions to help young people identify specific goals that will support them to overcome or reduce their needs and achieve their aspirations.
These can include tenancy issues, work/training advice and support, self-esteem and confidence building, drug awareness, sexual heath, healthy living, basic food hygiene, first aid, developing parenting skills, and anger management.
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 0117 3143512, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 30th July 2020