Recruitment Consultant, Swansea
- Location: Swansea
- Duration: Ongoing
- Salary: £23,000 - £27,000
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Sales & Account Management
New Directions has recently located to a brand new office in the Fforestfach area of Swansea and is now recruiting for a sales/recruitment professional to join the team. An opportunity has become available for a Recruitment Consultant to join the branch on an education desk. This will involve recruiting and work with your pool of education supply staff and placing them into regular work with schools across local authorities across Swansea Bay and South West Wales.
You will cover a busy desk and will require strong rapport building, negotiation, and recruitment skills to build on the business in place. This will involve a mixture of candidate recruitment, account management, and business development to generate new business for your desk. The successful candidate will possess a minimum of 2 years experience in recruitment or sales, preferably in the Education sector or a similar temps-focused recruiter role along with a full UK driving license.
- Recruiting candidates for a range of education supply roles for schools in your assigned area
- Promoting candidates to schools to match the best talent to the work available
- Taking bookings for day to day and long term supply work working proactively to fill them with your best candidates
- Maintaining relationships with existing clients through effective account management to generate ongoing and long term business
- Developing new business sales through regular calls and visits to non-using and lapsed clients selling in your services and candidates
- Using the recruitment CRM to execute all client and candidate actions
- Maintaining relevant intelligence on your clients and candidates to support the branch strategy
- Supporting your schools with community and fundraising activities
- Working to and exceeding key performance indicators and targets set by the Branch Manager
- Partnering with Recruitment Consultants across different departments to cross and up-sell services and products.
What we’re looking for
- Has previous experience of working in agency recruitment or business development/sales
- Is able to source, recruit and retain staff for a range of roles.
- Knowledgeable of recruitment, vetting and compliance procedures or possesses willing to learn and develop.
- Able to effectively negotiate and close sales working to set targets and KPIs.
- Demonstrates commercial awareness through understanding of gross profit and margin control.
- Comfortable conversing with lapsed and non-using clients to develop new business.
- Has excellent customer service skills to deliver a warm and efficient service to existing clients.
- Offers personable and calm approach to build effective working relationships with candidates.
- Holds a full UK driving license.
- This role attracts a competitive salary and benefits package outlined below:
- A basic salary starting from £23,000 per annum (dependent on experience) plus commission based on performance and regular incentives/sales campaigns.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and if you stay with us for two years that’ll increase to 27.
- You can buy up to 10 more holidays and we will give you your birthday off
- Health cash-back scheme, where you can obtain money back for things such as dental and optical costs.
- If you’re a saver then you can save in our Christmas savings scheme with 3% interest.
- Refer a friend scheme, where we offer between £250 and £500 for each successful referral into the business.