- Location: Cardiff
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: ongoing
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Adult Services
- Category: Learning Disability Support Workers
- Salary: £9.50-£10
- Apply Now
Are you an experienced support worker? Are you passionate about supporting adults with learning difficulties? We currently have varied ad-hoc opportunities in and around the Cardiff area.
As a support worker, you will be working with others to support clients to fulfil their potential for independence, choice, inclusion and control. Other responsibilities include –
- To provide a supportive and flexible approach which enables clients to fulfil their potential for independence, choice, inclusion and control by positively enabling and empowering clients to achieve their aspirations for independent living.
- To plan and carry out activities ensuring that clients are supported in a personalised way considering their individual choices, aspirations and goals. Activities will include supporting clients to:
- maintain a clean, tidy and welcoming living environment.
- plan, shop and prepare wholesome meals alongside clients taking into account their choices and wishes.
- maintain their health and well-being by assisting them to arrange and attend medical appointments.
- enable clients to manage their own finances by developing appropriate budgeting and financial training giving support on an individual basis.
- maintain an active and supportive social life taking into account individual choices and wishes.
- support clients to access college courses, training and other day time activities.
- To attend staff meetings and other meetings as appropriate.
As a Support Worker you will be working as part of an innovative and compassionate team responsible for enabling people with various and complex support needs progress towards recovery, wellbeing and independence, through utilisation of creative, flexible and outcomes-driven support planning and delivery techniques.
Find out more about this amazing role and apply by contacting Keri Evans on 02920 390 150 Option 1 or email [email protected] with your CV. Not for you, but you know the perfect person for the job? We offer £150 for every successful referral, call us to refer a friend.
The role of a Support Worker
The duties of a Support Worker vary depending on the needs and wishes of the individual. They offer support for the individuals overall comfort and wellbeing and help people who need care and support to live as independently as possible. They will support individuals with many aspects of everyday living; including physical, emotional and social.
Support Workers can work in a residential care home, domiciliary care, or out in the community. Their work is defined by a care plan, which is often developed by a social worker or care manager to meet the assessed needs of the person who needs care or support.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 20th May 2022