- Location: Pembrokeshire
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Adult Care Services
- Category: Social Care
- Apply Now
Salary: £10.50 to £11.50 per hour
New Directions Health & Social Care are looking to recruit dedicated care assistants to join our friendly team on a full part time basis for shifts in Pembrokeshire and surrounding areas.
We’re seeking caring, compassionate individuals who enjoys interacting with elderly residents and assisting them with their daily activities. Candidates must be warm and friendly, with a strong work ethic, a positive attitude and a genuine passion for providing elderly residents with high quality care and support. If you’re compassionate, friendly and looking to make a difference to people’s lives then we would be interested to hear from you.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Providing high standards of care.
- Assisting residents with all aspects of personal care whilst maintaining dignity and respect.
- Ensuring safe practices of manual handling, transferring re-positioning and movements of clients.
- Report any concerns or issues to the team leader, nurse in charge or the manager as appropriate including reports of any complaints.
- Encourage clients to participate in social and recreational duties
- Excellent communication skills
- A basic understanding of legislative requirements.
- Ability to empathise
- Manual Handling certificate
- Excellent team player
- Personal care
- Assist with mobility issues
- Ability to understand and follow policies and procedures.
Benefits working with New Directions
- Weekly pay – on time, reliable pay with support every step of the way
- Flexible working – use our online portal to update your availability and request shifts to work around you
- Ongoing CPD – New Directions has it’s own internal training company to ensure you are constantly up skilled and updated
- Great bonuses including Refer A Friend scheme
- A dedicated team to help you
- 24 hour on call service
- Award winning company
- Respected reputation throughout the social care and recruitment industry
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- Must have previous experience working in elderly care home settings in either 6 months paid work or 12 months voluntary work.
If you are interested in the role, please apply today. If this isn’t for you but you know someone who would be interested, we offer a £150 referral bonus with every successful referral.
New Directions Holding is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.