Pay scales: Pay up to £11.50 per hour
New Directions Health & Social Care are looking to recruit dedicated Care assistants to join our friendly team on a Full part time Basis for shifts in Carmarthenshire and surrounding area.
We’re seeking caring, compassionate individuals who enjoys interacting with elderly residents and assisting them with their daily activities. Candidates must be warm and friendly, with a strong work ethic, a positive attitude and a genuine passion for providing Elderly residents with high quality care and support. If you’re Compassionate, friendly and looking to make a difference to people’s lives then we would be interested to hear from you.
Must Have previous experience working in elderly care home settings in either 3 months paid or 6 months Voluntary.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Providing high standards of care.
- Assisting residents with all aspects of personal care whilst maintaining dignity and respect.
- Ensuring safe practices of manual Handling, transferring repositioning and movements of clients.
- Report any concerns or issues to the Team leader, nurse in charge, Manager as appropriate including reports of any complaints.
- Encourage clients to participate in social and recreational duties
- Excellent communication skills
- A basic understanding of legislative requirements.
- Ability to empathize
- Manual Handling certificate
- Excellent team player
- Personal care
- Assist with mobility issues
- Ability to understand and follow policies and procedures.
Benefits working with New Directions
- Weekly pay – on time, reliable pay with support every step of the way
- Flexible working – use our online portal to update your availability and request shifts to work around you
- Ongoing CPD – New Directions has its own internal training company to ensure you are constantly up skilled and updated
- Great bonuses including Refer A Friend scheme
- A dedicated team to help you
- 24 hour on call service in place
- Award winning Company
- Respected reputation throughout the social care and recruitment industry
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
If you are interested in the role, please apply today. Not for you, we do offer a £150 referral bonus if you successfully refer someone to us
New Directions Holding is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.