- Location: Somerset
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Children Care Services
- Category: Social Care
- Apply Now
NEW HOME OPENING
Location – Bridgwater, Somerset
Salary: £39,520.00 per year with the potential to earn up to £45,000 through bonuses
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
We are currently seeking an experienced Registered Manager to join our services in Bridgwater, Somerset.
You must have a minimum of 2 years’ previous experience within the last 5 years in a position relevant to the residential care of children and, for at least 1 year, requiring the supervision and management of staff working in a care role.
- You will manage a 4 bedded children’s home in a rural area and manage a staff team of 9 to ensure a high quality of care is delivered to young people that provides a positive and enriching living experience that meets their needs and achieves the best possible outcomes for each of the young people.
- You will be accountable for the smooth and efficient management and administration of the home and to undertake wider operational tasks as and when required.
- Must be able to produce, update and monitor plans, reports etc. and deliver to deadlines and demonstrate an organised, efficient and flexible approach to their managerial duties.
- Must be able to lead, motivate, manage and develop all members of the staff team within an open and enthusiastic culture which includes the delivery of training.
- Must ensure that the Company is represented professionally to outside agencies and within the local community and contribute towards the development of the Company.
You must be committed to making a real difference to the lives of the young people in our care and to working to a high standard of professional practice with a non-judgmental and get up and go positive attitude taking into account the views of the young people’s views, wishes and feelings.
- Be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of Children’s Home legislation and inspection requirements for Ofsted and a thorough knowledge of child protection/safeguarding procedures and protocols.
- You must have a recognised social work qualification i.e. QCF Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management (Children and Young People) and QCF Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young People Workforce or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years’ previous experience within the last 5 years in a position relevant to the residential care of children and, for at least 1 year, requiring the supervision and management of staff working in a care role.
- Must be licensed to drive a manual gear car and have use of own car and be able to undertake on-call duties (rota shared between 12)
- 22 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Occupancy Bonus: £175 per child after the first child pay e.g. 4 bed home= 3 x £175 (£525 pcm)
- Ofsted Report Bonuses- £500 for a good report, £1000 for an outstanding report
- Non-contributory pension (9% Employer contribution) and company sick pay after 6 months probation
- On call payments- £10 per day Monday- Fridays and £50 for Saturday and Sunday
- Enhanced sick pay – 5 days full sick pay
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. All candidates will be subject to thorough reference checks including an enhanced DBS as safeguarding young people is at the heart of everything we do.
New Directions Holding is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.