Nursery Nurse Assistant Vacancies
A Nursery Nurse Assistant works with guidance to assist in the provision of a high standard of care for children placed in their care within the nursery. This individual will also give support to all other personnel within the nursery and assist with the planning and delivery of the daily routine within their allocated room in the nursery.
Hours of work are dependent on the specific environment; typically a Nursery Nurse Assistant will work during the day between the hours of 7am and 6pm.
It is imperative that a Nursery Nurse Assistant will pass a police check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Clients in the sector often also request the following training of employees:
- A First Aid Qualification
- Health and Safety
- Food Hygiene
Nursery Nurse Assistants can study teaching, child care, social work, education or subject specific teaching.
A Nursery Nurse Assistant plays an important role in assisting in the care of young children. Responsible for the planning and organisation of educational activities and ensuring that children’s personal needs are catered for.
A Nursery Nurse Assistant will take care of, play with or teach children who are in their care. They must be highly trustworthy and attentive to children’s needs.
A Nursery Nurse Assistant is responsible for:
- Supervising children/ infants during play time
- Engaging children in learning and other activities
- Keeping and updating records
- Working with other team members
- Maintaining high standards
- Attending staff meetings when required
Skills for a Nursery Nurse Assistant
- Working and playing with young children
- Proactive and motivated
- Communication and listening skills
- Flexible and understanding
- Initiative and time management