Nursery Room Supervisor Vacancies
A Room Supervisor is employed to work in partnership with the management team to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the nursery. This individual is responsible for delivering flexible, quality care and education which will meet the needs of the young people in their care.
Hours of work are dependent on the specific environment; typically a Room Supervisor will work during the day between the hours of 7am and 6pm.
It is imperative that a Room Supervisor will pass a police check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Clients in the sector often also request the following training of employees:
- NNEB Diploma, CACHE Level 3, NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent
- Paediatric First Aid Qualification
- Health and Safety
- Food Hygiene
Candidates in this job sector are also required to have basic literacy and numeracy skills.
A Room Supervisor is an essential link between the nursery management team and the staff providing the day-to-day care of the children. Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures are implemented, and staff responsibilities are carried out.
This individual will support high quality interaction and engagement with children attending the nursery. Responsible also for aiding the planning and preparation of activities to enrich the physical, emotional and intellectual needs of the children.
A Room Supervisor may also specialise in working with children with disabilities and learning difficulties.
A Room Supervisor is responsible for:
- Ensuring the smooth running of a nursery room, delegating responsibilities appropriately
- Ensuring that the nursery environment is well set out and resources are available
- Leading and implementing positive behaviour
- Acting as the key individual for a group of children by observing, monitoring and recording individual children’s development
- Developing and maintaining relationships with parents and other appropriate agencies
- Operating a programme of activities for the children
- Ensuring good standards of hygiene are maintained
Skills for a Nursery Room Supervisor
- Ability to establish positive relationships with children
- Capability to remain calm and act efficiently in an emergency situation
- Able to delegate assertively appropriate activity
- Excellent organisational skills are essential