Nursing Home Manager Vacancies
A Nursing Home Manager is responsible is responsible for the day-to-day running of a residential home. As well as dealing with the individuals within the home, this individual will also liaise with families and associated care services.
As well as managing the operational tasks of the home, this individual will also hold responsibility for administration, staff management and health and safety.
Clients within the sector may ask for the following training and/or qualifications:
- Nursing qualifications
- A management qualification
- A health and safety qualification
The role of a Nursing Home Manager is an exceptionally responsible position. There is great emphasis place on leadership qualities within this role, with a focus on a responsible recruitment and training strategy.
A Nursing Home Manager is responsible for:
- Managing and co-ordinating daily handover meetings
- Leading work teams and nurses
- Monitoring health and safety regulations
- Recruiting staff
- Reviewing patient care systems
- Communication with patient families and friends
- Leadership, supervision and management
- Patient care
- Problem solving
- Communication and listening
- Motivational skills
- Patience and compassion