Do you have what it takes to be a care worker?
Do you have what it takes to be a care worker? Do you enjoy looking after people, helping with everyday tasks to improve someone’s day-to-day life? We’re on the hunt for people to join our team of carers, working within your community, learning new skills and making a real difference to people’s lives. Take our quick personality quiz to find out whether you could earn money for doing what comes naturally – caring.
What makes a great carer?
- Positivitya great carer has a great sense of humour, and can be honest and realistic without being negative
- Opennessyou’ll find it easy to build a rapport and take a genuine interest in people
- Passiona good carer will really believe in their work, and feel passionately about doing a good job
- Communicationcommunicating clearly and helping people to feel comfortable and happy is key
- Attentivenessgreat carers are great listeners, always focusing on what’s being said
- Desire to learnmastering new skills excites you – there’s always something new to learn for a carer
- Dedicationare you proactive? Love going the extra mile? These are both things that a good carer has
- Calm under pressurenothing phases you – in the eye of a storm, you’ll know just what to do
- Reliabilitya good carer is always right where they say they’re going to be, when they say they’ll be there
- Flexibilityyou’ll be able to adapt to change and new situations as they arise
- Patiencea good carer is compassionate and calm, taking their time, even in challenging situations
Take the Quiz
If you know someone who has the qualities that would make a great carer, share this quiz with them.
Mostly As: You’re a natural
You’re caring, kind, organised, and aren’t afraid to roll your sleeves up and get the job done. You know not to take things too personally, and work in a flexible way that suits both you and those around you. You’d make an ideal carer! We offer free training and career progression and would love to hear from you – get in touch using the form below to find out more.
Mostly Bs: This might not be the career for you
You’re driven, focused, and thrive in structured environments. Caring might not be the most obvious career choice for you, but we bet you know somebody who’d love it and be fantastic – share this quiz with them using the share buttons below or tell them to get in touch with us to find out more!
Mostly Cs: You’re a carer in the making!
You really care about people and will bend over backwards to make sure they’re happy and well looked-after. With a little training from us, we just know you’ll make an amazing carer. We offer free training and career progression and would love to hear from you! – get in touch using the form below to find out more.
Join our team
New Directions Social Care is recruiting care workers to join our Social Care Team. We offer both short or long-term placements, in supply or permanent roles. Our dynamic team are on hand to offer you advice, guidance and support in your career.
- Dedicated consultant in your local office
- Weekly pay – usually above market average
- Holiday pay
- Work in different sectors to expand your skill set
- 24/7 support with our dedicated-on call service
- Online candidate portal to log availability, check payslips and request holiday
- FREE training – mandatory and more specialist training
- Recommend a friend scheme
- Variety of flexible shift patterns
Get started by filling in your details and a member of the team will shortly be in touch – upload your details *Required information