At Cardiff, Swansea and Connah’s Quay Deeside
The role of the senior leader is to ensure every learner has the opportunity to become the most effective and successful adult they can be. Senior leaders make daily choices in a range of roles that have a direct impact on learner outcomes. Now, during the process of curriculum reform these decisions become even more important but also more involved.
This half-day will give an honest and practical view of the curriculum reform process in Wales, and will look specifically at:
- How to use key documents/elements of the curriculum to have a positive impact on learning – including; 4 Purposes, Progression Steps & Achievement Outcomes, AoLE What Matters Statements
- The most robust, reliable research on learning and how it fits with Curriculum For Wales
- Important lessons to learn from curriculum reform in Scotland – including assessment, curriculum narrowing and the role of the inspectorate
- Strategic decision for senior leaders that make the most of the curriculum reform journey
- How to create professional learning that has a real impact on teacher understanding, expertise and autonomy.
Book your place