Services for Schools
New Directions has been embedded within the education sector across Wales and England since 1999. As one of the premier supply teaching agencies to the education community, we are able to offer a service that reflects the needs of both our candidates and clients. We can offer recruitment and training solutions for primary, secondary, additional learning needs (ALN) and Further Education (FE) supply teaching needs from our branches in Wales (Aberystwyth, Bangor, Bridgend, Cardiff, Cross Hands, Ebbw Vale, Swansea and Wrexham) and in England (Bristol, Manchester, Liverpool and Wirral).
New Directions provide the following personnel to schools:
- Qualified Teachers – Primary & Secondary
- ALN Teachers
- FE Lecturers
- Cover Supervisors
- Exam Invigilators
- Teaching Assistants
- Learning Support Assistants
- Nursery Nurses
- Secretaries, Administrators, Receptionists, Bursars
Advantages of our Service
- New Directions Education Limited has a database of approximately 10,000 candidates.
- All personnel sent into schools have a recent Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check – formerly Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) and have been interviewed face-to-face by one of our education recruitment consultants.
- We provide the option to register your ‘own’ supply teachers with New Directions in order to make savings.
- We produce a detailed programme of training courses in venues across the UK. Take a look at our New Directions Training website
- We present a curriculum-based selection of training courses for supply teachers in school holidays ensuring that New Directions teaching staff are of the highest calibre.
- To provide you with a personalised service, we have designated account managers to deal with schools in each county so they can work with you in order to gain a good understanding of your requirements.
- For your convenience we have an on-call service to deal with your requirements seven days a week so that we can answer your queries from 7am to 9pm.
- New Directions is a corporate member of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC).
New Directions conducts a thorough registration process when registering new candidates. Every individual undergoes a one-to-one interview with a designated account manager. All of our staff hold a valid Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS) formerly CRB which is renewed every two years. We also conduct List 99 checks and we obtain all relevant identification, documentation and certification.
Leah Seltzer, Head of Compliance for New Directions Education comments:
“Our commitment to achieving and maintaining the highest standards in recruitment is reflected in our attainment of 100% in the Quality Mark re-accreditation audit. We ensure all of our candidates meet benchmarks in quality through our thorough vetting processes. Safeguarding is at the heart of what we do as a business. We do not compromise on the quality of our candidates and continue to hold our clients, and ultimately the children’s needs in mind. Our process of registration is extremely thorough and not deviated from at any time.”
Our business is also an umbrella company for the Disclosure and Barring Service, which means we can process your team DBS requirements.
Please find a guide for our Compliance Procedures here…
Our team offer an out-of-hours service to ensure that we work to fill all school vacancies. If you need cover for short or long-term periods, our teams in Aberystwyth, Bangor, Bridgend, Bristol, Cardiff, Cross Hands, Ebbw Vale, Liverpool, Manchester, Swansea, Wirral and Wrexham are available from 7.00am until 9.00pm, seven days a week.
New Directions Education benefits from an in-house training team. This group of individuals was established as a direct result of our client and candidate requirements for continuous professional development (CPD). By working closely with schools and colleges across England and Wales we can provide certificated and bespoke training to suit individual and team needs.
Our in-house training team are all fully accredited to deliver our programme of courses. If your school or college is looking for something you do not see in our current list, fill in our and one of our team will contact you within 48 hours to discuss your requirements.
From Safeguarding of Children to Autism Awareness, our portfolio is extensive but not exclusive. We are able to deliver training at our sites across the UK, or in house at your premises.
Our team focus on flexibility and quality in training at competitive prices. Visit the website for more information.