Teaching, Learning or Classroom Assistants are now vital resources for teachers and are heavily relied upon in schools.
We specialise in recruiting Teaching Assistants (TA) who are qualified in the following;
- NVQ Level 2 Teaching Assistant
- NVQ Level 3 Teaching Assistant
- Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
- CACHE Level 3 in Childcare & Education
- BTEC National Certificate in Childhood Studies (Nursery Nursing).
We’ll also consider experienced Learning Support Assistants (LSAs) who have previously held a job in a primary school or assisted a pupil in the role in a secondary school but do not hold any of the above qualifications.
Jobs in additional learning needs (ALN)
A large number of our jobs are in ALN and we fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as having:
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI)
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD)
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD)
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD)
- Severe Learning Difficulties
- Physical Disabilities (PD).
As a teaching assistant you’ll be expected to:
- Assist in the educational and social development of pupils under the direction and guidance of the head teacher, ALNCO and class teachers
- Assist in the implementation of Individual Education Programmes (IEP) for students and help monitor their progress
- Provide support for individual students inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities
- Assist class teachers with maintaining student records
- Support students with emotional or behavioural problems and help develop their social skills.
What New Directions Education offers:
- A dedicated and expert Account Manager
- Regular and varied supply work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Potential long-term roles
- Full compliance with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR)
- A network of branches across the UK
- One of the preferred suppliers to all 22 local authorities in Wales under the All Wales Framework Agreement
- We are the major teaching supply agency for Welsh speaking teachers across Wales
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Respected reputation across the education and recruitment industry