Small Group Tuition Sessions
We are offering a timetable of English and Mathematics small group tuition sessions for Key Stage 3 and 4. Our sessions will be taught by qualified teachers in line with the national curriculum.
Our sessions are scheduled by key stage and subject. View our tuition timetable to reserve your place.
Learning to multiply, divide, add and subtract. Calculating percentage and fraction of amount, along with the four operations of decimals. Sharing in a ratio and order of operations.
Learning to deal with and interpret tally charts, pie charts, bar graphs, scatter graphs and understanding Averages and range. Also understanding the basic properties of Symmetry and enlargement.
Understanding the names and properties of basic shapes. Understanding area, perimeter and volume of basic and compound shapes.
Learning the basics of simplifying expressions, indices, expanding brackets, factorising along with solving equations.
- GCSE Intermediate
- Solving equations
- Pythagoras theorem
- Venn Diagrams
- Probability tree diagrams
- HCF and LCM (Factor trees)
- Trial and Improvement
- Standard form
- GCSE Higher
- Trigonometry & Pythagoras theorem
- Simultaneous equations
- Circle theorems
- Recurring decimals as fractions
- Forming and solving equations
- Factorising and solving quadratics
Sessions will be based on a reading, followed by discussions and comprehension work. Tasks will incorporate:
- textual analysis (P.E.E.)
- spelling, punctuation and grammar activities
- vocabulary and etymology
- creative writing elements
Preparation and revision for GCSE English Language and Literature.
- Year 10 example of chosen topics – ‘Of Mice and Men’/’To Kill a Mockingbird’ or poetry
- Year 11 – example of session topic – focusing on Language and thematic work in preparation for the language exams
As part of the English assessment you will be asked what topics your child have previously studied, so that the tutor can take this into consideration.