Are you an experienced support worker within homeless hostels? Do you have a passion for helping people in need?
As a support worker you will provide homelessness/ pre-resettlement support to service users with mental health and complex support needs who are currently or who are at risk of being homeless. As a support worker you will conduct a needs and risk assessment and draw up an agreed outcome-based support plan with the service user to assist her with accessing appropriate housing and/or Resettlement Services.
Other responsibilities include –
- Assessing clients’ needs
- Advising clients of their rights
- Collating and providing information on hostel vacancies and housing rights
- Maintaining accurate records such as reports and meetings minutes
- Making referrals to specialist organisations and services
- Planning and delivering workshops Applicant Requirements:
- Qualifications: N/A.
- Experience: 2+ years working within a similar role.
- Compliance: Current DBS.
- Travel: Clean UK driving license with the ability to commute to and from work independently.
If you feel you would be the perfect candidate for the above role then please call New Directions on 02920390150 (option1) Alternatively send your CV across to [email protected]
Not for you but know somebody suitable? We currently offer a referral voucher, so please send us their details and we can reward you with a £150 voucher, if successful.
- Working as part of a friendly, established team
- 24 hour On Call Service in place
- Flexibility to choose where, when and how much you want to work
- Competitive pay rates
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Award winning company
- Online Services to access to your information; payslips, request holiday pay
- Full booking confirmation before you start
- Access to FREE Training Courses and personal development
- Respected reputation throughout the Social Care and recruitment industry
Experience:Please be advised that we require a minimum 6 months paid social care experience or 12 months relevant voluntary experience.
DBS:We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a robust recruitment procedure and hold a fully enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Please contact New Directions Social Care for more information on this job vacancy, on 029 2039 0150, or use our form below to enquire about this job vacancy.
Last modified: 13th May 2022