Business Development Manager, Swansea
- Location: Swansea
- Duration: Ongoing
- Salary: £35,000
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Sales & Account Management
Leading into a new financial year, we have a vacancy for a Business Development Manager to work with our existing, established team. We are looking to develop further business in schools within a designated geographical area at our New Directions Education branches in Swansea and West Wales. This is an exciting opportunity for an Education Sales professional to join the UK’s largest independent recruitment group.
Working with the National Sales Manager and the Branch Manager, you will bring on non-using Schools with the aim of increasing usage respectively across the branch, increasing the market share of New Directions Education within the area. You will support the growth of the Swansea branch developing new business across primary, secondary and ALN provisions based in our local authorities.
New Directions Education can offer the successful candidate an extremely lucrative benefits and commission package. You will be a sales champion, skilled in seeking out and securing business opportunities through a range of sales tactics and strategies. This role will ideally suit an individual who is an experienced education recruiter who has achieved consistently, proven high billings and GP figures throughout their career, looking to take their next step to focus on new business and client relationships. Other Industry sectors will be considered.
· Developing new business with Primary, Secondary and ALN Schools following our sales strategy
· Working closely with the branch to identify schools to target
· Engaging with allocated schools to build and maintain strong relationships, utilising sales skills and implementing sales strategy
· Arranging sales visits to schools in-person or virtually in order to gain an understanding of their requirements and discuss our recruitment and training services
· Attending conferences, cluster meetings and networking in order to obtain access to a wide audience of schools and building a string network to develop in these areas
What we’re looking for:
· Extensive field sales experience / highly experienced Recruiter
· Ability to build strong internal relationships
· New business sales specialist
· Holds a full UK driving license
· The ability to represent New Directions Education in a professional manner
· Knowledge of the local and national education developments (desirable)
· The ability work as part of a team
· The ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, candidates, Headteachers, School Business Managers, Local Authority Officers and other education related employees
Who are we?
New Directions Education is an award-winning supply teaching recruitment and training agency. We cover roles from qualified teachers to school support staff for long and short-term supply positions. A market leader and supplier of choice, New Directions Education is a master vendor and is one of the preferred, or contracted suppliers to over 20 local authorities across the UK as part of the Welsh Government’s National Procurement Service Framework. Established in 1999 we have offices across Wales and England.
This role attracts a competitive salary and benefits package outlined below:
· A basic salary is £35,000 per annum pro-rata (working term time only) plus commission based on performance and regular incentives/sales campaigns
· A company car or car allowance of £3,000 per annum, as well as a company laptop and mobile phone
· Flexible working pattern (including hybrid working pattern)
· We will give you your birthday off
· Private medical insurance and health cash-back scheme, where you can claim money back for things such as dental and optical costs
· 6% contributory pension scheme and Christmas savings scheme with 3% interest
· Refer a friend scheme, where we offer between £250 and £500 for each successful referral into the business