Business Development Manager, Cardiff
- Location: Cardiff
- Duration: Ongoing
- Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: Sales & Account Management
The ideal person for the role
Due to our continued year-on-year rapid growth and following an exciting new rebrand, we are now looking to develop our sales team with the addition of a Business Development Manager. This role will work closely with the existing sales team to acquire new and develop our customer base in a certain geographical area. This is an exciting chance for an experienced services sales professional to join a fast-growing independent provider of employment screening and background checks.
Working closely with the Operations and Sales Manager and the internal teams, you will support the growth of the business by being tasked with onboarding new medium to large customers and re-activating non-using customers in line with the company objectives.
ChecksDirect can offer successful candidates an extremely lucrative compensation/commission package and a preferential working pattern to suit their lifestyles.
You will be a sales professional skilled in seeking out and securing business opportunities through a range of sales tactics and strategies. These roles will suit individuals who are experienced in selling into all types of business at the Owner, HR, and Senior management levels.
- Developing new business from a wide variety of different industry sectors
- Grow market share within each sector
- Build a successful business plan (regular reviews)
- Engaging with potential customers through marketing, networking events, meetings, social media etc
- Re-introduce the business to non-using customers and convert back to active customers
- Work with team to identify customers to target
- Be a strong team player leading from the front
- Keep all customer information up to date via CRM
- Reporting on your customer base
What we’re looking for
- Strong background in a service-related industry
- Comfortable selling to/communicating with Business Owners, Senior Management teams, HR departments and government departments
- Ability to build strong relationships
- New business sales specialist
- Holds a full UK driving license
- The ability to represent a business in a professional manner
- Knowledge of the employment screening, background checks and verifications
- The ability work with and communicate effectively as part of a team
Who are we?
Checks Direct is a leading independent provider of employment screening, background checks, and verifications. We help to safeguard people, data, and organisations.
At Checks Direct, we’re committed to making every check count to enhance safety for organisations and their communities. We help to check the right people are in the right places for public, private and not-for-profit organisations across a variety of industries.
Checks Direct is part of the New Directions award-winning group of companies.
Collectively the group provides specialist recruitment and training support within education, pharmacy, and social care, delivers specialist domiciliary care to individuals and their families, and offers effective online vetting checks to organisations across the UK through Checks Direct.
This role attracts a competitive salary and benefits package outlined below:
- A competitive basic salary starting from £30,000 – £35,000 per annum pro-rata (dependent on experience)
- Participation in annual commission scheme based on performance and regular incentives/sales campaigns
- A company car or car allowance of £3,000 per annum, as well as a company laptop and mobile phone
- Flexible working pattern to suit your lifestyle and needs – this could include term time only hours, part time hours, agile working etc.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays pro-rata and if you stay with us for two years that’ll increase to 30
- You can buy up to 10 more holidays pro-rata and we will give you your birthday off
- Private medical insurance and health cash-back scheme, where you can obtain money back for things such as dental and optical costs
- 6% contributory pension scheme and Christmas savings scheme with 3% interest
- Refer a friend scheme, where we offer between £250 and £500 for each successful referral into the business
How to apply
Please submit a CV and covering note explaining why you are the best fit for this role. For more information, please contact Jon James on 07772 834 140.