Design & Technology Teacher, Flintshire
- Location: Flintshire
- Salary: £127.72 - £140.00 per day
- Start date: 03/09/2020
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Secondary
New Directions Education have been tasked by multiple Flintshire schools to recruit Design and Technology Teachers that can cover multiple disciplines within the field.
We would be looking for specialists in each field respectively and the added bonus of a teacher with multiple specialisms (i.e. Resistant Materials, Woodwork & Textiles) would prove advantageous.
The three schools in question are high performing secondary schools within Flintshire and boasting top of the range facilities and supportive departments to work in.
- Relevant Teaching qualifications
- EWC registration
- DBS on update service (we can provide)
- Relevant Equipment qualifications (if required)
We recruit Design and Technology (D&T) Teachers who are experienced or Newly Qualified Teachers (NQTs).
Ideally you will be happy to teach anywhere from Key Stage 3 (KS3), Key Stage 4 (KS4) and possibly Key Stage 5 (KS5) in the following areas:
- Food technology
- Resistant materials
As a Design and Technology Teacher you’ll be expected to:
- Teach all areas of the school curriculum or your subject specialism
- Organise the classroom and learning resources to create a positive teaching environment
- Plan, prepare and teach lessons that cater for all student ability ranges
- Motivate pupils with enthusiastic and imaginative presentation
- Maintain discipline
- Meet requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils’ development
- Coordinate activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area
- Stay up-to-date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum
- Take part in school events and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening
- Liaise with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly within smaller schools.
What New Directions Education offers:
- A dedicated and expert Account Manager
- Regular and varied supply work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Potential long-term roles
- Full compliance with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR)
- A network of branches across the UK
- One of the preferred suppliers to all 22 local authorities in Wales under the All Wales Framework Agreement
- We are the major teaching supply agency for Welsh speaking teachers across Wales
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Respected reputation across the education and recruitment industry