New Directions Education are actively seeking a Technician to support local secondary schools in the Flintshire area on a relief basis.
The successful candidate will have previously worked within a Secondary School. It is essential that you are experienced in operating and maintain machinery within the Tech Department as well as experience setting up equipment for DT lessons. You will work closely with all teachers across the Department and provide support to them during practical lessons
It is essential that for this role you hold certification to confirm completion of training with certain machinery. It is also desirable if you have had experience with laser cutting.
The ideal candidate will be friendly, approachable and supportive with a passion for what they do.
The working hours are usually between the hours of 8:30-16:30 Monday to Friday.
New Directions Education will offer short-term and long-term temporary positions, with the possibility of these positions becoming permanent if the school require.
Please note, all applicants must hold a Child-Only Enhanced DBS Certificate registered with the Update Service, or be willing to pay for a new DBS.
• To support the work of the design and technology department primarily by ensuring that the resource and materials requirements of the department are effectively met
• To support students and teaching staff when doing practical tasks
• Prepare materials, equipment and resources for lessons
• Administrative tasks e.g. filing, photocopying and laminating
• To organise any repair and maintenance of equipment, including tool sharpening ensuring all equipment is maintained in a good working order
• To prepare departmental resources where it is appropriate and cost-effective to do so.
• In liaison with the curriculum leader for design and technology to undertake the necessary ordering of items of stock, checking deliveries and ensuring suitable storage and stock.
• To undertake routine maintenance of workshop equipment and to maintain all equipment and utensils in good working condition.
• To ensure that equipment and working areas are kept in clean and tidy order, specifically after lessons
• To provide technical support during lessons, including individual or small group pupil support where appropriate.
• To have particular regard to health and safety matters in accordance with school policy and statutory
• To check and empty extraction systems on a regular basis