School Cleaner, Conwy
- Location: Conwy
- Salary: £9.98 per hour
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Job Type: Permanent
- Sector: School Support Staff (Ancillary)
New Directions Education are looking to recruit a bank of School Cleaners to work on a relief basis in schools based in Conwy. All experience levels are welcome to apply.
The successful candidate will be reliable and trustworthy with the ability to work off their own initiative. Hours are usually Mon-Friday 15:00 – 18:00.
New Directions Education will offer short-term and long-term temporary positions, with the possibility of these positions becoming permanent if the school require.
A School Cleaner is responsible for maintaining high standards of cleanliness throughout the school.
Roles and responsibilities of a School Cleaner
As a School Cleaner, your role may include:
- Cleaning the school site
- Vacuuming carpeted areas and washing floors
- Use of cleaning equipment
- Emptying and cleaning bins
- Spot cleaning of spillages
- Cleaning desks, seats and skirting boards
- Cleaning toilet areas and replenishing toiletries
- Cleaning doors and windows
- Checking stock levels of cleaning materials
- Reporting all defects/hazards immediately to the caretaker or supervisor.
Skills and experience required to be a School Cleaner
To be a School Cleaner, you should:
- Have a reasonable level of fitness
- Be punctual, reliable and trustworthy
- Be able to manage time effectively
- Have the ability to work alone and without supervision, or as part of a team
- Have awareness of health and safety procedures
- Have reading skills for following instructions
- Have maths skills for measuring cleaning fluids
- Be pro-active rather than re-active.
What New Directions Education offers:
- A dedicated and expert Account Manager
- Regular and varied supply work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Potential long-term roles
- Full compliance with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR)
- A network of branches across the UK
- One of the preferred suppliers to all 22 local authorities in Wales under the All Wales Framework Agreement
- We are the major teaching supply agency for Welsh speaking teachers across Wales
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Respected reputation across the education and recruitment industry