Last Post War Hut to be demolished at Overchurch Infants
Overchurch Infant School in Upton is home to the last remaining temporary post war school hut. Wirral Council have now approved the demolition of the hut as part of the £830,000 revamp of the school.
The hut was constructed after World War II in 1945 and was only ever meant to be a temporary structure, with its concrete walls and floor, corrugated roof and metal windows.
A new modern building will replace the hut and an outdoor learning area and playground will also be created.‹ Previous articleNext article ›