Higher Level Teaching Assistant.
- Location: Denbighshire
- Salary: £70.00 - £80.00 per day
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Job Type: Temporary
- Sector: Primary
New Directions are looking to recruit a qualified Higher Level Teaching Assistant to work day to day or long term supply in primary schools across Denbighshire.
The HLTA role adds further support to those teaching in a classroom environment. The post is more senior than a Teaching Assistant, and comes with added responsibilities.
A HLTA may be required to teach classes on their own at times, or cover planned absences to allow teaching staff to plan and mark.
To become a HLTA you must have experience as a teaching assistant. You will also need the support of your school and senior staff.
As an HLTA you’ll be expected to:
- Meet HLTA standards or equivalent qualification or experience
- Hold relevant qualifications at Level 3 minimum
- Demonstrate numeracy and literacy skills to GCSE (A-C) or L2 equivalent
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience in a teaching assistant role.
Typical duties of a HLTA include:
- Teaching small groups of students
- Offering cover supervision in teacher absence
- Organising classroom activities – planning and setting out resource
- Providing verbal and written feedback on classroom sessions to teaching staff
- Promoting the inclusion of all pupils in a learning environment
- Working with teaching staff to evaluate pupils’ learning progress
- Contributing to observation and assessment in classroom environments.
What New Directions Education offers:
- A dedicated and expert Account Manager
- Regular and varied supply work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Potential long-term roles
- Full compliance with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR)
- A network of branches across the UK
- One of the preferred suppliers to all 22 local authorities in Wales under the All Wales Framework Agreement
- We are the major teaching supply agency for Welsh speaking teachers across Wales
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Respected reputation across the education and recruitment industry