New Directions are seeking to appoint an experienced Teaching Assistant to work with SEND pupils in schools throughout the Widnes area. The successful candidate will work under the instruction/guidance of teaching staff to undertake work/care/support programs, to enable access to learning for pupils and to assist the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom.
We have a high demand for long-term and ad-hoc positions, meaning we can offer work that fits around your schedule.
We would welcome candidates who can demonstrate the following:
• NVQ 3 or equivalent in teaching assistance
• Some experience of working with children with SEND
• The ability to work effectively within a team environment, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities
• The ability to promote a positive ethos and role model positive attributes
• Good level of interpersonal, numeracy and literacy skills
• An understanding of Safeguarding procedures and is able to promote the welfare and safety of children that they come into contact with.
You will also be working closely with a dedicated account manager who will be there to support you through the whole New Directions recruitment process.
A large number of our jobs are within the ALN sector. We fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have the right experience and qualifications.
To work in an Additional Learning Needs (ALN) role you will need:
We are always looking for candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as having: